Friday 18 November 2011

Wintery Wonders

I am pleasantly overwhelmed by the beautiful snow.
It makes everything feel so serene.
When you walk outside and the snow crunches under your feet making you shiver.
The sounds seem to float on top the snow covered ground right into your ears.
It feels as though the whole town is right there in my front yard as all of the noises wash around me so clearly.
Winter makes me appreciate the beautiful home that I can run to and the warm air that resides there.
It has a way of making all buildings look cozy as the white puffs of cloud come billowing out their chimneys.
I feel like I smile more in the winter, maybe because it reminds me of the warmth I have to look forward to.
Maybe it is because it feels so crisp and new.
Every flake that falls is a new beginning to a landscape that seems, so suddenly, to take hold of our neighborhoods.
That landscape that we are so accustomed to and yet every year it seems to take us by surprise.
How cold it can be, how icy the roads get, how much snow can really fall, how many cars hit the ditch, how every flake is actually different.
It seems we forget all of these things and every year they stun us over again.

-- Kaela

No comments:

Post a Comment