Thursday 10 November 2011

Planning Our Wedding

In the midst of planning our wedding I decided I wanted to open up a blog to go along with Shawn and I as we plan and then as we live after the wedding.  There will be lots of things going on the years to come with moving, homes, renos, family updates and changes.  I want to be able to share these things with everyone in a written form.  I have always loved writing and I think this would be a good way to do it while keeping everyone updated on our lives.

At the moment Shawn and I are planning the wedding.  We have been engaged for 2 months so we are just in the early stages of planning.  We are trying to get as many things done as early as possible.  I know that as Christmas comes and passes and the New Year comes around time will fly and there will only be 5 months left until the day!!  I have purchased my dress, we know what we are doing for invitations (we're making them), just need to buy the paper and get to it.  Center pieces are figured out just need to collect all the items.

The bridesmaids and I are trying to get dresses under wraps.  It seems to be a bit more of a process than I thought it would be.  The color that I have chosen for the ladies to wear is no where in stores right now because it is a summery color, not a Christmasy/wintery color.  So we are now switching gears from buying from stores randomly to ordering from a website/store specifically meant for bridesmaids.  It's also been hard to find the time to get together with each of the ladies, we all have very different schedules.  But we're trying! 

We are not going to give away to many details anywhere in either this blog or on our wedding website.  We want most things at our wedding to be a surprise to everyone and to be special.  But I'll definatly keep everyone updated on our lives here as I have the time!  Check back regularly!

-- Kaela (& Shawn)

No comments:

Post a Comment